By a Joint Venture Agreement, Megamound Investment Limited, Mayfair Building Society Limited and IFL Ventures Limited became subscribers to Lekky County Homes Limited. A company incorporated for the purpose of developing a 66.8 Hectares of land into a site and service scheme known as LEKKY COUNTY HOMES ESTATE. The entire land, which was originally owned by Mayfair Building Society Limited, was made the subject of development, which under the J.V.A. is being developed by Megamound Investment Ltd.
Megamound investment Ltd was appointed as developers of Lekky County Homes largely due to its expertise and experience in estate development and construction.
Lekky County Homes Estate is strategically located at Ikota, Lekki almost opposite Oluwa Ni Sola (Eleganza Estate) five minutes drive from Chevron before VGC, along the Lagos-Epe expressway, Lagos State. The primary goal of the proposed site and service scheme is to provide a serene, secured and clean residential environment that will enhance healthy and safe living.
Wema Bank Plc, through its subsidiary Wema Homes Ltd is the financier of the project. The Estate is provided with infrastructure facilities such as roads, drainages, perimeter fence, water supply, streetlights etc.
In totality, the Estate provides about 700 fully serviced residential plots. Each plot has a minimum area of 500m2. In addition to the residential plots, there are plots of complimentary uses like nursery and primary schools, recreational parks, Estate clubhouse, fast food center, shopping mall, clinic/pharmacy and Estate management/ security office. The Estate will also provide different house types such as Terraces, Semi Detach and Detach Houses with prices ranging from N30 million and N70 Million and there fully serviced plots available. The total value of the project is estimated at N3.5 billion naira excluding value of the land.
Lekky county homes provides a uniquely planned, exclusive, private, serene and secured residential living environment away from the hustle and bustle of Lagos metropolis thereby guaranteeing safe and healthy living for its selective residents.
Goals and objectives
The primary goal of the proposed site and service scheme is to provide a unique, quiet, safe, private, serene, secured and clean residential environment that will enhance healthy and safe living devoid of the hustle and bustle of inner Lagos.
The basic objective of the residential scheme is to provide a top class residential environment for an exclusive group of people, complete with infrastructural facilities and social amenities that would compliment the residential area within a defned and walled (gated) estate.
The general objectives of the scheme are:
- To provide a secured and private estate.
- To create an aesthetically satisfying living environment
- To increase the stock of fully serviced plots for residential housing development in Lagos.
- To provide such complimentary facilities that would ensure healthy and safe living for the residents.
- To enhance community and social integration through provision of such facilities like recreational parks, club house, nursery and primary schools among others.
- To enhance security and safety of residents through provision of collective access and emergency exit which is fully manned by contracted reputable security companies that is fully equipped with state-of-the-art computerized security systems.